She first appeared in "Sorcerer in Love" disguised as a new girl, calling herself Amanda Levay. She returns in "Sorcerer in Love 2: The Sorceress's Revenge" but is banished again to the Land of Shadows.
- The Sorceress is the first female antagonist of the series.
- She shows some similarities towards Ursula from Disney's The Little Mermaid. Both have beautiful human disguises, and necklaces that hold their power.
- In the episode, her disguise's hair is dark blue and her outfit is light purple. But in an earlier, different-colored character sheet, her hair was brown and her outfit was navy blue.
- She wears a sailor uniform (sailor fuku) as Amanda Levay.
- The reason many fall in love with her human form is because of a love spell she is able to put on them. She also uses this spell to manipulate others to do her bidding.
- Just like the Sorcerer, she has hands with four fingers, unusual in comparison to everyone else, who have five.
- The Sorceress despises the Amanda disguise and finds it repulsive, saying she prefers her natural form to the disguise.